Throwing a party and need a different appetizer than cheese and crackers? These little pizza bites are perfect. Crunchy and chewy on the outside and hot and gooey in the middle. They’re perfect finger food!
They’re also as great alternative to the processed version and you can easily switch up the fillings for different flavors!
Serves: 7 • Prep Time: 20 minutes • Cook Time: 22-24 minutes • FREEZES Well
Wine Suggestion: Zinfandel or Chianti
Nutrition per Serving Cal: 225.9 • Fat: 7.9g • Carb: 21.5g • Protein: 16.6g • Fiber: .8g • Sugar: 0g
- 1/4 cup turkey pepperoni, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 3 Tbsp marinara sauce
- 1 Tbsp basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- egg roll wrappers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients through garlic into a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Cut egg roll wrappers in half.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of filling in the middle. Dab your finger in water and run it along one of the long edges and fold one top corner down. Fold the other corner down, wetting the new edge before you fold it.
- Fold top edges back up to form a square, sealing with a little bit of water.
- Place pizza bites on a baking sheet and spray both side with Pam to help them crisp and turn brown.
- Bake them, seam side down for 22-24 minutes, until lightly browned and crisp.
- Serve with extra marinara sauce if desired.