This isn’t a meal I cook often, but when I do, you can bet there is a nice bottle of red wine to join it. The ingredients are a little pricier and that’s why I save this for special occasions! I think it’s perfect for date night, and my boyfriend isn’t complaining. It’s super simple, quick to prepare and only requires a few ingredients! Whoever you’re cooking for will surely be impressed & satisfied.
Serves: 2 • Prep Time: 15 minutes • Cook Time: 8 minutes
Wine Suggestion: Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon
Nutrition per Serving Cal: 410 • Fat: 17.6g • Carb: 32.5g • Protein: 42.8g • Fiber: 18.4g • Sugar: .3g
Filets with Lemon-Parmesan Broccoli
- 2 – 4oz. beef filets
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 2 tsp freshly grated parmesan
- 2 lemon wedges (about 1 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice)
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 tsp canola oil
- salt and pepper
- Season your filets on the top and bottom liberally with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Meanwhile, cut the broccoli florets from the big stem and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with ½ tsp of canola oil. When hot, add steaks to the pan and sear for 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare. Note: Make sure you watch them, as some cuts will be thinner and others will be thicker and that will determine the cook time.
- Once steaks are done, place on a cutting board, cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- At the same time as you’re cooking the steaks, bring 1 inch of water to boil in a saucepan.
- Once it’s boiling, add broccoli and cover. Lower the temperature and steam for 2-3 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Drain water from the pot and squeeze lemon juice and parmesan, toss to coat. Season with salt if needed.
- Place equal amounts of broccoli on each plate. Then place a ½ cup of arugula on each plate and top with a steak. Serve hot.